Peep the recap from the Primitive Skateboarding demo here at the HQ! Damn!
Tell all the homies that the full on Primitive Skate team will be at the Active HQ on Saturday April 2nd from 3-5pm!
The Venture summer line is here and it’s look pretty damn sweet!! Starting with the all new Venture P-Rod “The Code” Trucks. Inspired by the drama series Dexter, giving it sweet and unique look. This truck is a slimmer version of the forged baseplate, it alleviates stress from the rest of the truck and also features a hollow reinforced steel kingpins and top quality bushings.
Check out the Video here
One of my good friends, Alikai Lee has been riding Venture trucks for days, die hard Venture guy. So it only made sense to have him test out the new Paul Rodriguez V Hollows. The trucks feature a hollow axle & kingpin, a new reinforced forged baseplate making them stronger and longer lasting. They also come with some new upgraded bushings that seem to work better out of the box… but I’ll let Alikai be the judge of that!
Nike SB and Paul Rodriguez bring us the newest addition in the P Rod series. The SB V Rod or Vulc Rod. This is P-Rod’s fifth Nike SB Signature shoe. It features Nike’s new LunarLon technology and has a sleek and simple style. To say that this shoe is light is an understatement. You can barely even tell that you’re wearing shoes with them on. The shoe features a suede upper with padded collar, vulcanized sole and sells for only $69.99, not bad for an SB!
Buy this shoe and skate like P Rod
The Plan B team made a few stops on their United Tour at Active locations. The first stop was right after Thanksgiving Day at Active Costa Mesa. Being on black friday, there was a line for the shopping and a separate one for the signing. Then a second signing at Active Riverside that following Sunday.
Costa Mesa Signing.
This family comes from up north.
Torey Pudwill shows up to the long line of fans.
Danny Way, Felipe Gustavo, Torey Pudwill, Paul Rodriguez, PJ Ladd and Ryan Sheckler.
The line goes back as far as you can see.
Got it all signed.
Went to Pedley Skate Park for a demo but the lights weren’t working. Photo ops!
Big ups to the Plan B team for coming out, especially on Thanksgiving weekend!
Not to toot our own horn but… beep, beep! Active Ride Shop’s YouTube channel recently hit 3,000,000 views. As a tribute to all our video’s hard work we’ve put together this playlist of our Top 10 videos played this year. The video’s star everyone from Paul Rodriguez to Andrew Reynolds, Chris Cole, Slash, Leo Romero, Corey Kennedy and more. Check them out, bookmark our YouTube channel and be on the look out for more to come in 2011!
Chris Cole defends his title and wins the 2010 Maloof Money Cup NYC, taking home a sweat $100,000. Paul Rodriguez comes in 2nd and Torey Pudwill 3rd. In case you missed it the contest went off, the course was killer & the skaters were ripping. Go to fuel.tv for a full recap, videos and more! Here’s the winning moment broadcasted live on Fuel TV.
TAMPA PRO 2010
1. Paul Rodriguez: $20,000 (Plan B, Nike SB, Silver, FKD Bearings and Grip, Active, Nixon, Mountain Dew, Diamond, incase)
2. Nyjah Huston (I&I Skateboards, Silver, FKD, Diamond)
3. Keegan Sauder (Vans, Zero, Spitfire, Independent, Anti-Social Skateshop, RVCA, Fiat)
4. Peter Ramondetta: $5,000 (Real, Circa, Circa Apparel, Thunder, Spitfire, Roughneck Hardware, Newell, HUF)
5. Ryan Sheckler: $4,000 (Plan B, Independent Trucks, Etnies, Mob, CCS, Nixon, Oakley, Red Bull, Kicker)
6. Torey Pudwill: $3,000 (Plan B, DVS, Matix)
7. Luan Oliveira: $2,000 (Flip, Globe, Volcom)
8. Danny Fuenzalida: $1,750 (Think Skateboards, Satori Wheels, Venture, Swiss Bearings, MIA)
9. Greg Lutzka: $1,500 (K-Swiss, Neff, Oakley, Indy, Mob, Monster, FKD, Toyota)
10. Chaz Ortiz: $1,250 (Zoo York, DC, FKD, Bones, Silver Trucks, Warp Skatepark, Gatorade)
11. Dennis Busenitz: $1,000 (Real, Volcom, Spitfire, Thunder, adidas, Utility Board Supply)
12. John Rattray: $1,000 (Zero, Zero Wheels, eS Footwear, Thunder, Modus Bearings, Elwood)
SILVER TRUCKS BEST TRICK:
1. Matt Miller (DC, Expedition) $3,000 (Nosebluntslides up the ledge both ways)
2. Torey Pudwill (Plan B, DVS, Matix) $2,000 (Back lip back tail flip out, front feeble shove)
3. Sierra Fellers (Foundation, Circa) : $1,000 (nose manny nollie flip)
4. Jordan Hoffart (Powell, Neff, Adio): $1,000 (varial heel 5-0, gap to 50-50)
5. Joey Brezinski (Cliche, Adio): $1,000 (inward heel manual stuff. Honestly, I can’t keep track
GATORADE GO ALL DAY AWARD: Dennis Busenitz ($2,500)
FAN FAVORITE: Peter Ramondetta
The winning moment…
Markisa is a new brand created by Paul Rodriguez, Nigel Alexander and Jason Wakuzawa. Markisa’s products are all about style and function. As a brand they “support artists, djs, musicians, skateboarders, snowboarders, surfers, bmx & motocross riders, photographers, videographers & anyone that has a strong passion for what they love to do”.
The only accessory that you have with you every single day of your life is your wallet. Markisa’s wallets are built with the highest grade materials, and more importantly THEY ARE COMFORTABLE. Some wallets feel like you’re sitting on a brick because they are so small and fat. Markisa’s designs are more wide, and slim, so that you don’t feel awkward while sitting down. Pick up one fast because some of the designs are limited. There are only 500 pieces made of each P Rod colorway!
The Plan B team cruised through the OC and LA last month, making stops in Costa Mesa and Santa Monica right before the Christmas weekend. It was an amazing turnout for the fans and the team. If you weren’t there, you missed out! Big thanks to Paul Rodriguez, Ryan Sheckler, Colin McKay, Pat Duffy, Pj Ladd, and Scott Decenzo for coming out and signing autographs for everyone! I’d also like to thank Tom from Plan B for making the signings possible!!
Error loading Flickr gallery
Last weekend we had the boys from Plan B in Costa Mesa and the turnout was massive! Turning up again at Active Santa Monica 1460 4st. Santa Monica, CA 90401 on Dec. 19th at 3pm for another historic meet and greet. Fans will be treated to a limited edition Plan B poster and have the opportunity to win free Plan B product. In attendance will be Paul Rodriguez, Ryan Sheckler, PJ Ladd, Colin McKay and Pat Duffy. See ya there!!